Basketball coach given bloated salary while country is suffering from recession

I’m writing this on behalf of the UK employees who haven’t received a raise in two years and for the years past when we haven’t received one due to “budget cuts.” It is hard to believe that in such tough economic times we are willing to pay a basketball coach $31.65 million plus incentives. I mean, our country’s president doesn’t make anywhere near this, and look at the responsibilities laid upon him.

This university needs to take a serious look at what makes it run and how we can spend our money more wisely. I don’t care how many games or tournaments he can win for us; there is no way he or any of these coaches deserve that much money. There are so many other important issues this money could be spent on for the university and the entire country for that matter.

No university coach should be paid this much money. People are hungry, homeless and out of work. We are so greedy to think that this is acceptable and not look out for others in need. UK, Lee Todd, Mitch Barnhart and all of the other high-ups here should be ashamed of themselves for thinking of offering this kind of money to a coach when the staff continues to get emails about our ‘financial crisis’ and have benefits reduced and continue to pay too much for parking and work without raises.

So now we are made to feel like they must be lying about all of our financial issues within UK, or else how in the world could they ever pay a coach $31.65 million, not to mention that if he doesn’t win like they want, he too will get the ax and still get millions.

Leigh Powers

patient relations